I failed the i hour glucose test about a month ago. Then my Doctor wanted me to go in and do the 3 hour fasting glucose test. Well, the first day I went, the babies DID NoT like the sugar rush and I made it until about 25 minutes and then proceeded to vomit in the hospital lab toilets. (good thing they are super clean!) I called my Dr, and they gave me a few tips and wanted me to try again the next day. So I go again...and this time I made it until about 30 after the first glucose drink and again proceeded to the nearest bathroom. Bonnie & Clyde did not like that feeling! They started going crazy, kicking and moving around!
Then, I had to meet with a diabetic counselor and she taught me how to test my blood everyday. It sucks! Anyway, I tend to be okay, my only problem is the fasting glucose, you know first thing in the morning. My doctor put me on some medicine, so hopefully it will help being the levels down!
The funny thing is, I've been Soooooooooo sick and have only gained 13 pounds, not enjoying food at all. Maybe its just having 2 babies in there instead of one. They are both doing well and I have to start going in every week for ultrasounds and non stress testing. I just hope this things resolves itself!
I only have 4 weeks until the all clear...7 weeks until my scheduled date of July 22nd.....the countdown has begun....
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment